Sunday, July 11, 2010

rush of adrenaline

THE FIRST SOLAR ECLIPSE IN 350 YEARS, this natural but somewhat magical phenomenon occured from 7-10.30am this morning! I know it's silly of me to think of it magical to the extend of calling it enchanting for kids our age, (oh dear) but silly as it sounds its precisely these little surprises outer-space brought to earth which lit up my entire morning! So, I admit i'm an andrenaline junky to boot, but hey, bleak as it sounds, how many decades do we have to let something like that slip by? It's almost certain, (stamp plus chop) that I dont have another 350 years ahead of me to wait for one of these little surprises to come around here again.

Pressing on, I mumbly decided to sneak out this morning to try and catch a glimpse(maybe not) or just to be in the moment when the eclipse is occuring. Yup, maybe not get the slightest glimpse of it since it'll possibly damage my eyes for life, I headed out to the beach armed with my spanking new sunglasses (purchased just for the saek of the moment) and await for the melancholic adrenaline to kick in.

No comments: