Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Puppeteer


[ feeling theatrical lately, so i conjured a poem on it.. enjoy ]


You are a master of your craft
Pick me up
Make me dance
Put me down
Make me flop ugly
In the corner

You take all the weight from my crossbar, my cross to bear
Pick me up - lighten my wooden heart!
Make me dance - see my painted smile!
Put me down - I love the way you move me!
Make me flop ugly - I'll catch my breath!
In the corner - of your marvellous theatre!

Your eyes leer above me as you jump my legs apart
Pick me up - my skirts will flutter at that speed!!
Make me dance - the fandango, the tango, the
can-can-can-can-can!!
Put me down - you have dribbled on me!!
Make me flop ugly - I am still smiling at you!!
In the corner - I won't move without you!!

My pleasing smile remains on call for your manipulation
Pick me up - damn you!
Make me dance - but not with that stupid farmer's boy!
Put me down - at once!
Make me flop ugly - see if I care!
In the corner - out of the sun or my silk dress will fade!

You ignore me for days and let me gather dust
Pick me up - you know I will do as you please...
Make me dance - see how prettily the dust falls through the
sunlight...
Put me down - no need to call me that...
Make me flop ugly - but you could be more gentle...
In the corner - where you know where to find me...

The invisible string to my heart is broken and knotted in
places
Pick me up - my life is always in your hands!
Make me dance - even though I have lost a shoe!
Put me down - not in the box! not in the box! please!
Make me flop ugly - I won't say a word!
In the corner - where I can watch you

No comments: