Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just so you know

Another heated up week coming to a close. It ain't entirely smooth this week, however I'd rate it 5 on a scale of 10. Subconciously, I'm torturing myself in trying to forget the less than pleasant event that took place durin CCA last night. I shall do myself the favour of not elaborating further.

A heart-to-heart talk with dearest Senior Fu Yee and my 'over-excitable' junior Charlene i must say are the best remedies for curing a defeated heart. At the brink of entertaining thoughts of giving up on what I truly loved most, there's the 2 of them to pull me back up on my feet and help me regain that little extra fortitude to march on! Where did they find it in them to be so gracious? To see myself of what I might never see? They might not feel that their words would carry such extraordinary weight, but I could not thank them enough for seeing what I dont see in myself.

Genuinely, not until now Fu Yee bringing this up, I never realise playing my instrument in school would arise in the possibilities of the negative connotations of the word: envy. I would like to make myself clear that I do what I do with the least of intentions of "showing off". More so, I wanted to experiment the many possibilities, arrangements and make-up of famous pieces. Challenging myself to not only improve but if possible achieve some sort of a breakthrough in the traditions of classical music.

I felt lucky and loved to have the best of seniors and buddys who were supportive on this crazy idea a year back when I first got to know them and how it was such an honour to have us walk on this road to CHANGE together and making thorugh the other end changing other's perception on the stereotype of Chinese music.

And sometimes a moment becomes a memory the instant it is happening. Because it is so true, so pure and so significant, you want to capture it forever.

No comments: