Thursday, July 21, 2011

When you meet with trying times, it's no time to stop trying.

Morning rush hours can really be tormenting, especially when you're say, ME. Yes me, someone whose on-the-dot punctual or pulsating perspiration from being terribly late. It's not so much the distance or the time taken, but more so the crowd!

Trains get really packed during peak periods (early mornings and evenings). Thing is, it wouldn't be so sickening if everyone just stood in the train properly. I've been taking the train so much for the last week because the car was sent for repairs that I've actually come up with a list of people who should be banned from taking the trains.

1. Newspaper reading neighbours who hardly have a sense of personal space.People who read newspapers. It's okay if you fold your papers neatly and take up little space- but NOT okay when you flip'em open and occupy 3 sitting spaces with your arms. I've sat in between 2 paper readers before. And I was literally breathing the newspapers. How inconsiderate, especially when the train is so crowded! Read it later during lunch!

2. People who lean their entire selves against the handle bars/rails/poles. Some are icky and sweaty. That's just gross. It's already so packed and people need something to hold to keep themselves from falling over but these leaners just leech themselves onto the poles like some invertebrates!! Urghh..!!!

3. People who sit down, and stick their legs right out. Hi, tripping hazard! Some of them don't even bother to put their legs in, even when the train is crowded. Horrible.

4. Rockers- people who hold onto the handrails, and SWAAYYY around. They don't just stand in one spot, but have to lean backwards like as if their surfing/sailing. Excuse me?! And when they bump into you they look at you as if YOU were standing too close (when there's no other space to move to). My goodness.

5. Topple-sleepers who takes you as a pillow- I know that I don't occupy my entire seat, ENTIRELY. But I do occupy a decently significant amount of SPACE. Plus, they don't even topple the OTHER SIDE. If you can't sleep upright, don't sleep. Or at least topply FORWARD. xD

There's more, but now I have to get back to violin.


*


*


*


*


*


*



Trying to continue blogging from my phone. But there's hardly any sense of structure cause the screens so tiny plus it's difficult to type. It's a bloody long journey home. Sometimes the length of the journey seems somewhat insignificant, especially after fruitful hours of sound-pollution done to the shoppers at Katong. It must have been a tough life for some as a result.

Director Ms Wee Li Lin's 'Forever' the movie has launched it's DVD sale last Saturday @ the Earshot Cafe by the Arthouse. So be sure to get it *wink wink* Heard it's a pretty cool spot to just hang out and chill and stuff. But I didnt get to go, cause when it comes to me, it's always a case of having to be at someplace else and doing the 'less' fun thing... damper. Oh, and there's my stop. So I shall end this abrupt post with a picture. :)

Too dalls


*Armoured Rings by E R I C K S O N . B E A M O N* {thanks Ev, love 'em}

No comments: