Sunday, April 17, 2011

organized mess

These days, I've been trying to classify my thoughts into two categories:
"Things I can change," and "Things I can't." It seems to help me sort through what to really stress about. But there I go again, over-planning and over-organizing my over-thinking!

I write about my adventures and misadventures of every day events, right to the minute, miniscule little ones that are significant nonetheless. Of which today's category concerns love. Love is a tricky business. But if it wasn't, I wouldn't be so enthralled with it. Lately I've come to a wonderful realization that makes me even more fascinated by it: I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to love. No one does! There's no pattern to it, except that it happens to all of us, of course. I can't plan for it. I can't predict how it'll end up.
Because love is unpredictable and it's frustrating and it's tragic and it's beautiful. And even though there's no way to feel like I'm an expert at it, it's worth writing about -- more than anything else I've ever experienced in my life. And for someone like me who is obsessed with organization and planning, I love the idea that love is the one exception to that. Love is the one wild card.

Of course it's best be safe to draw the line between fascination and an obession. As love can both sink and save you. At best, they merge into one supernova; otherwise, they might fall into an emotional blackhole.

You game for it?
Well... I'm up for another round of sushi at the Belt thankyouverymuch
*if I see you, I eat you, nice eating you* ^.6

No comments: