Thursday, April 7, 2011

skip the pain and get to the healing

Feeling odd a little deflated and winded…

Sometimes I have been hot-tempered and the one dishing it out… until i become the one at the receiving end of such ferocity do I realise how much it hurts.

Sometimes I have everything going for me and I might be beginning to lose it… it’s high time for some reality check and have me grounded again.

Sometimes I might have too much wind in my sails…
Sometimes you forget that no one owes you a living…

Sometimes you get to level ten and forget that you started off from ground level…

Sometimes you begin breathing the air up at level ten and forget the sights you once saw when you were at level one…

Sometimes you get too big for yourself…
And sometimes you induldge in the love for the pursuit, the adrenaline that comes from pursuing the object of your infatuation you forget about those that loves you without you even having to try.

It’s time for some humbling. Eat some humble pie. Learn to practise restraint, tolerance, and empathy again. Learn to shut up, swallow some pride, take down some built-up walls and ego. Like a wounded animal learns to lick its wounds, pick itself up, and move again.

Wounded and humbled, I’ll lick my wounds, hopefully piece myself back up in place and in better stead.

No comments: